Practical Information about Accommodation and Meals at Yale,
With Booking Arrangements
(one booking form for Swing Dormitory, Residential College and Kosher meals, at
1. SWING DORMITORY: The fully air-conditioned swing building offers two-bedroom suites each containing two single bedrooms, a furnished living room, kitchenette and bath, with linen and maid service is provided. In addition to the formal common room, the swing building has two computer clusters, four seminar rooms, an exercise room, one large meeting room, T.V. room and laundry facility. Swing is a gated facility accessible by a key card that will be distributed at check-in (along with suite and bedroom keys). Housing assignments are based on group, age, and gender. Males and females will not be housed in the same suites.
Rooms are furnished with an extra-long twin bed and mattress, pillow and blanket, desk, lamp, chair, bureau, recycle bin, and waste basket for each visitor. Guests should bring their own toiletries. There will be multiple groups residing in the residential spaces during our stay. We have only 50 beds allotted in Swing Dormitory, so early booking is recommended.
Location (distance from Law School, where the sessions [and kosher meals] will be held): less than a 5 minute walk.
If you wish to arrange to share a suite with another (named) participant, this must be indicated at the booking stage.
The Yale campus is wireless internet and 'guest' access is available to everyone, throughout the campus.
Price: $85 per night. Pre-payment required on the (secure) booking form at http://www.regonline.com/jewishlawconference. For cancellation terms, see below.
2. RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE: The residential colleges and annex spaces at Yale University are gated facilities accessible by a key card and will be distributed at check-in (along with suite and bedroom keys). Sleeping rooms are arranged in singles or suites of two to five bedrooms (some suites may have a furnished or unfurnished common room) with shared bathrooms in the hallways/entryways. Housing assignments are based by group, age, and gender. Males and females will not be housed on the same floors.
Rooms are furnished with an extra-long twin bed and mattress, pillow and blanket, desk, lamp, chair, bureau, recycle bin, and waste basket for each visitor. Guests should bring their own toiletries. Suites do not have air conditioning, however, some common spaces do (i.e. basement areas, laundry, etc.). Feel free to bring a fan or if available the housing office can supply you with one. There will be multiple groups residing in the residential colleges.
The building has 4 levels but there are no elevators.
Location (distance from Law School, where the sessions [and kosher meals] will be held): less sthan a 5 minute walk if at the Morse College; otherwise no further than a 10-minute walk if in other dorms.
Price: $55 per night. Pre-payment
required on the (secure) booking form at http://www.regonline.com/jewishlawconference. For
cancellation terms, see below.
3. The Study at Yale Hotel: The Study at Yale is a lifestyle hotel, with 124 guestrooms, each featuring a comfortable leather reading chair, extended work surface, lofty feather bed, and luxurious marble bath. Complementary wireless Internet access is offered throughout the hotel. The Fitness Center's cardio machines are equipped with built-in televisions and wireless iPod hook-ups. Heirloom, The Study's 100-seat restaurant and lounge, serves coastal farm cooking, and serves breakfast, brunch, and dinner. The Café, located in the Living Room, serves Illy Coffee, pastries and snacks made daily in-house. There are also 2 other hotels with a 10 minute walk that we recommend as alternatives, New Haven Hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott.
Location (distance from Law School): 4 blocks (c.10 minutes walk) from the Law School
Price: $189 per night.
Booking arrangements: Book and pay directly to the Hotel: http://www.studyhotels.com/
4. Food: Kosher meals will be available near the Law School at the following prices: Breakfast $15; lunch $20; dinner $35. Pre-payment required on the (secure) booking form at http://www.regonline.com/jewishlawconference. For cancellation terms, see below. Information on local (non-kosher) outlets within walking distance of Yale's campus will also be made available.
Full refund, subject to a $25 cancellation fee, if your cancellation request is received by July 16th, 2012. Refund requests received after July 16, 2012 will not be granted. If you do not contact Yale Conferences & Events to cancel your registration or do not attend the event, your fees will be forfeited. This applies to Swing Dormitory and Residential College; kosher food bookings are refundable on cancellation up to July 23rd. For the cancellation terms of The Study at Yale Hotel, see its web site.
5. Two weeks prior to arrival: You will receive an informational sheet by e-mail listing your building location, contacts, additional housing information, and confirmation of arrival date/times.
Special needs or requests: Please contact Suzanne Shaw at email@example.com or call 203-432-6782 to make any special arrangements.
Late night arrivals: Late check-in's are possible but please make arrangements ahead of time. If you are delayed while in route please call the residential advisor (RA) your group is assigned to. Please note that if you check in early or check out late additional nightly charges will apply.
Lost keys and prox cards: Please report all lost keys and cards as soon as possible to your RA. All replacement keys and cards are $25.00 per key/card.
TV/cable access: Information can be obtained from the ITS-Telecommunications office at 203- 432-9644.
Telephone and Ethernet: Information regarding telephone and voicemail service is available by calling 203-432-9644. If you have an Ethernet equipped computer, you can connect to Yale's high speed network. Visit www.yale.edu/its/stc for configuring instructions. The Yale campus is wireless internet and 'guest' access is available to everyone.
Library access and computer labs: Please speak to your program representative for access.
Mail: Yale Station is a U.S. Post office located on the corner of Elm and High Streets. They offer a full service counter and are open M-F 8:00am-5:00pm. Tel. 203-773-3454
We will follow up with you with regards to your mailing address prior to your arrival. *Please note that the housing office will post a note on your door when you have mail*
Gym access: Please call the Yale Payne Whitney Gym at 203-432-2497 for more information.
Yale Health Services: Non-Yale students and staff may use the Urgent Care department on a fee for service basis. Location: 55 Lock St. Phone# 203-432-0123.
Laundry: Laundry facilities are available at both Swing Dormitory and Residential College, payment by credit card.
Trash/recycling: Guests at both Swing Dormitory and Residential College are responsible for bringing down their own trash and recycling to the basement. Yale is a sustainable campus and we appreciate any recycling efforts!
Transportation: Please visit http://www.yale.edu/ (click on Gateways for Visitors) to view travel and transportation services in and around New Haven. You will also find a map of the Yale campus on the Visitors web site http://www.yale.edu/visitor/. If you will be traveling from Bradley International Airport and taking a bus or limousine service to New Haven, you should disembark at Phelps Gate and walk to your residential college or annex housing location. If you are arriving by train, all colleges and annex spaces are a short cab ride from the train station.
City of New Haven: You will find a great deal of information about New Haven and its many restaurants, shops and cultural activities at www.cityofnewhaven.com . This web site will provide information about a myriad of places, activities and events planned for the summer months.